Dear Sir or Madam,
Welcome to Hotel au Grand Saint-Jean. The charm of the town and its region is largely based on the beauty of the surrounding nature, which we are committed to protecting for ourselves, for you, and for our children. We are implementing measures to limit our joint impact on the environment.
Raising awareness among our staff and customers:
- Our environmental manager has received training on the issues of sustainable tourism, corporate social responsibility and environmental preservation,
- Our teams are trained in ways to make their daily tasks as environmentally responsible as possible,
- Information booklets and brochures are left with our guests on the local flora and fauna and how to protect them,
- Information on bike hire, cycle paths, public transport and shuttle buses to facilitate the use of more environmentally friendly modes of transport
Water and energy saving:
- Water savers have been installed on all our taps and showers to make our use more responsible, with no impact on the pressure and quality of the water when used,
- Our water and electricity meters are read monthly to monitor and control our consumption,
- We offer a reuse of bathroom and bedroom linen,
- Our light bulbs are low-energy bulbs or LED.
Waste limitation and sorting:
- Sorting points have been set up in the hotel,
- Our waste is sorted by the staff, including bio-waste,
- We limit unnecessary packaging by favouring bulk products or large packaging,
- We limit unnecessary packaging by favouring bulk or large packaged products. A display has been set up to help our guests sort according to local regulations,
- No disposable dishes are made available,
- We have replaced the individual soaps in the rooms with eco-refills.
Promoting the well-being of our guests:
- On our breakfast buffet, you will find organic and/or local products,
- Your rooms and our common areas are cleaned with ecolabelled products, less risky for your health and just as effective,
- For the well-being of our teams and yours, we have banned bleach, which is irritating to the respiratory tract and toxic to aquatic organisms,
- Our establishment is completely non-smoking,
- For water conservation purposes, we let our guests choose if they want us to replace their towels and sheets for stays of several nights.